Baked Chicken Breasts are such an easy recipe! Once you know how to bake chicken breast without making them dry, you'll use it all the time. This recipe is perfectly seasoned with herbs and great for meal prep, chicken salad, or serve on its own with oven roasted peppers, homemade Texas toast, or make it a light meal by pairing it with delicious Hibachi Clear Soup!
Baked chicken breasts are lean and protein-packed, making them the perfect base for easy weeknight meals. They are a simple recipe to make, simply coat with oil, add your favorite herbs, and bake!
These chicken breasts are ready in just thirty minutes, making it a perfect weeknight recipe. You can also easily play with the seasonings in this chicken breast recipe to change up the flavors.
How to avoid dry chicken
The problem most people have when they bake chicken breast is that it ends up dry. Nobody likes that!
You can help make sure it ends up moist by adjusting how long you bake chicken breasts. By baking for a shorter time and higher temperature your chicken will not be dry.
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Cooking your chicken breast at a higher temperature for a shorter time period helps keep it moist.
- Season the Chicken with Oil and Herbs Adding a little extra virgin olive oil also helps keep the chicken moist. Coat the chicken breast with olive oil then rub it with your favorite seasoning blend, such as Mrs. Dash or a poultry blend. Experiment with herbs to change up the flavor!
- Bake for 20 minutes Bake the chicken for twenty minutes or until it reaches 165°F. Thinner chicken breast tenderloins will cook faster while very thick chicken breast may need more time.
- Rest the Chicken Breast for 5 minutes before serving When baking, the juices of the chicken breast move from the outer edges to the center. Resting the chicken breast helps ensure that the juices can be reabsorbed and the chicken breast is moist and delicious!
These few simple tips can easily help you bake chicken breast without ending up with a tasteless, dry meal.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- One Skillet Chicken & Spanish Rice
- White Chicken Enchiladas
- 20 Minute Szechuan Chicken
If you try this recipe, I'd love it if you rated it and commented below, I love hearing from you!Print
Baked Chicken Breasts are an easy and healthy dinner that can be on the table in just thirty minutes!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash of your favorite seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- If necessary, pound chicken to about ¾ inch thick.
- Rub all sides of each chicken breast with olive oil and seasoning. Place in a pan or baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meat reaches 165°F.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 84.1 mg
- Fat: 11.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.2 g
- Protein: 38.4 g
- Cholesterol: 124.1 mg
Keywords: baked chicken breast, chicken recipe, chicken breast recipe, how long to bake chicken breast