This Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken recipe is packed full of flavor and ready in just 20 minutes start to finish! You will love the creamy garlic sauce packed with flavor!
If you subscribe to my email list you might remember me telling you I would be sharing a lot of chicken recipes here coming up. (If you’re not on my email list, why not!? You can sign up at the top of the page!) I’m happy to share that the recipe I’m sharing today, Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken, is one of my favorites ever! This is a super easy 20-minute meal that the entire family will be asking for again and again!
Why I love this recipe
I love this Garlic Herb Chicken recipe because it is deceptively easy. It also uses only one pan so there’s no sink full of dirty dishes when you’re finished. Also, I’m not joking when I say this easy chicken breast recipe is on the table literally 20 minutes after starting. It’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners!
- chicken breasts
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- white wine or chicken broth
- fresh parsley
- fresh thyme
- heavy cream
Step by step
- The chicken breast is seasoned and fried lightly in the pan, then set to the side while you quickly whip up this decadent creamy sauce full of flavor!
- Add herbs to the pan and cook for one minute.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine or chicken broth to release all of that delicious flavor from the bottom.
- Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- Make a simple cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce, then return the chicken to the pan for a few moments and serve!
Seriously, the creamy garlic herb sauce is ah-mazing and you will find yourself craving it if you’re a garlic fan like I am! It’s the best sauce ever!
This easy 20-minute Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken Breast recipe is deceptively simple and uses only one pan making it the perfect weeknight dinner recipe!
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine the onion and garlic powder in a small bowl. Coast chicken generously on all sides with mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and herbs to the pan and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add chicken broth or white wine to the pan and scrape bottom to deglaze.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch with one tablespoon of water and stir until smooth. Add to sauce mixture and stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to skillet and serve.
Milk can be substituted for heavy cream.
Keywords: chicken breast, garlic herb, creamy garlic sauce
I know you’re going to love this easy chicken recipe! Be sure to come back and rate it in the comments section below after you try it. Here are some more easy chicken recipes perfect for busy weeknight meals:
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- Best Baked Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!