This hearty Bacon Cheeseburger Easy Tater Tot Casserole is a delicious comfort food casserole recipe the entire family will love!
I've been in a massive comfort food mood lately. Probably because the temperatures have dipped into the 40s, which here in south Georgia definitely qualifies as winter weather!
Earlier this week I made this Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole and realized I had never posted the recipe here on the blog. If you're looking for an easy casserole recipe that the entire family will love, this one's for you!
Why I love this recipe
I love this recipe for a few reasons.
First, it is very easy to prep and pop in the oven, making it perfect for busy weeknights. I don't know about your house but around dinner time things seem to get chaotic here, so getting this ready, in the oven, and freeing up that hour before dinner is a big bonus for me.
Secondly, my kids LOVE this recipe, my oldest is almost twelve and he spends the entire dinnertime telling me just how good it is, every bite gets me another compliment... it's good for the ego to serve family favorite meals like this!
Third, who doesn't love all the taste of a cheeseburger topped with crispy tater tots? What's not to love?
This is just one of those easy dinners that prove to be a winner every single time. I like to serve it with green beans or peas to add a veggie and boom, dinner is served!
Nothing fancy here, just a few simple ingredients you might already have on hand:
- ground beef
- cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
- garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- tater tots
Step by step
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Instead of using a cream of mushroom soup or sour cream like some other recipes, we've given this a Bacon Cheeseburger twist with the addition of bacon and both cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Oh, my mouth is watering just watching that gooey cheese melt!
- Add in your spices, top the meat and cheese mixture with an even layer of tater tots and bake until nice and crispy.
Variations and add-ins
- add in diced onions, crumbled bacon, dill pickles or butter pickles
- serve with tomato sauce or ketchup
- substitute ground turkey or ground chicken
- add a teaspoon of steak seasoning when browning the meat
- Ham, Bacon, Potato, Cheddar Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Taco Soup
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
- Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This hearty Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole is the perfect comfort food recipe the entire family will love!
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded Mexican or Cheddar cheese
- 16 oz package tater tots
- salt and pepper to taste if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until golden brown. Drain and chop into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef and drain. Reduce heat to low. Return beef to pan and add garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Return bacon to pan and add cream cheese and shredded cheese, stirring until cheese is blended.
- Pour mixture into a 9 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Top casserole with tater tots. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until tater tots are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: ⅙th casserole
- Calories: 857
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 1376.7 mg
- Fat: 66.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.9 g
- Protein: 41 g
- Cholesterol: 212.2 mg
Keywords: tater tot casserole