Hello and welcome to The Happier Homemaker! Maybe you found yourself here popping over from Pinterest for my Apple Cinnamon Bread recipe or looking for tips on how to clean your house fast. However you ended up here I’m so very glad you did.
Where to start:
- Download our Happy House Starter Guide (it’s free!)
- Check out our most popular posts
- Browse our easy & delicious recipes
- Find useful printables for organizing your home in our shop
- Need more help? Consider enrolling in our Clean Routine Academy or Mom’s Chore Toolbox eCourses!
About Melissa Riker
Hi! I’m Melissa and I’m so glad you’ve found your way to my little corner of the internet!
When I was a newlywed I thought I had it all under control-my house was going to be spotless, fancy home-cooked meals on the table every night and of course, my children would be perfect angels!
God gave me a reality check when he blessed me with three crazy little boys and showed me the true chaos that family life can be! Over the years I’ve learned how to run my home more efficiently so I can spend more time doing the things I love.
I love solving problems and finding new ways of doing things that save time and money. And I love sharing those ideas with you!
What You’ll Find on The Happier Homemaker
The Happier Homemaker is all about making life easier. Here you’ll find:
- tips to make cleaning and organizing your home easier and faster.
- delicious recipes for the everyday cook-no hard to find ingredients or complex techniques required
- simple, frugal ways to DIY and decorate your home
The Happier Homemaker has been featured in BuzzFeed, Good Housekeeping, Martha Stewart, CNN, Mashable, Country Living, HGTV, Apartment Therapy, Better Homes & Gardens, Today.com, The Huffington Post, Womens Health, and Woman’s Day among many others.
Listen to Podcasts featuring Melissa:
Fun Facts About Melissa
- In addition to three sons ages 7 to 12, we have a lovable Goldendoodle and two rescue cats with big personalities!
- We are a military family that has lived in ten homes in the last 15 years, across three countries and five states! See all the homes we’ve shared over the years here.
- I started my first blog in 2007 as a way to stay in touch with family after our oldest son was born. The Happier Homemaker was started in 2011 while my husband was deployed to Iraq and I was pregnant with my third son. You can read my blogging story here.
- We love to travel and since having children we’ve fallen in love with cruising as well. We try to take a cruise at least once a year!
Are you a brand looking for information about working with me? Please click here.
Otherwise, you can Contact Me here.