This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Amish Cinnamon Bread is a melt in your mouth delicious-almost cake-like quick bread recipe full of delicious cinnamon sugar! Like our Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread, Cinnamon Monkey Bread, Amish Friendship Bread, and Cinnamon Apple Muffins this bread is a cinnamon lover’s dream!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
With cooler weather coming in I can’t seem to help myself from baking all the things! Today’s recipe for Amish cinnamon bread blends brown sugar and cinnamon in a swirled cake-like quick bread-no yeast required!
This sweet quick bread is based on the same recipe as my Cinnamon Apple Bread (which has been shared over a million times so you know it’s good!)
Enjoy the cinnamon bread warm with a little butter or cooled on it’s own-it’s perfect either way!
You probably have all the ingredients for this delicious cinnamon bread already in your kitchen!
- light brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, combine white sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder, then milk.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over the top; add the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Pat topping into the batter with the back of a large spoon. Use a butter knife to swirl the batter both horizontally and vertically to mix brown sugar mixture into the batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with additional tablespoon of brown sugar over the top if desired. Cool in the pan 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- warm with butter
- cool for a snack on the go
- warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert
Please comment and rate this recipe after making it, I love hearing from you!Print