This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Sweet, gooey Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart bread flavored with cinnamon and sugar is like a cinnamon roll in a loaf! Perfect for breakfast, dessert, or coffee! Pair it with a Praline Latte and start your day off perfectly!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
This bread does have a bit of a time investment due to the the rising of the dough in multiple stages, but the recipes are simple enough and it’s pretty fail-safe. The yeasty dough is coated with butter and a cinnamon sugar mixture then baked to perfection.
The top of the loaf comes out with a slight crisp while the bottom and interior is soft and coated with the most amazing syrupy flavor.
- active dry yeast
- granulated sugar
- all-purpose flour
- unsalted butter
While you have the yeast out, whip up a batch of starter for our Homemade Amish Friendship Bread as well!
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water and allow to sit until frothy.
- In a stand mixer whisk together flour, sugar, and salt then add melted butter, milk, yeast mixture, molasses, and eggs while mixing on low speed with a dough hook.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and place in a greased bowl. Cover loosely and allow to rise for one hour.
- Punch the dough to deflate it and knead in an additional 2 tablespoons of flour. Cover for 10 minutes while you grease a 9 inch loaf pan and mix up the cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg topping.
- Roll the dough out on a silicone mat or floured surface as thin as you can. Brush melted butter over the dough and sprinkle the top generously with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into 2 inch strips, then cut again to form 2 inch squares.
- Arrange stacks of dough on their side in the bread pan. Cover and allow to rise one last time for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Make monkey bread with this recipe by rolling the dough into balls then dip into the melted butter and roll into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake up in a bundt pan. (See my full cinnamon monkey bread recipe here or try this honey walnut monkey bread for a slightly different take.)
- Bake these in a muffin tin for single-serving size.
Yes, this recipe freezes very well. After the bread has cooled wrap tightly and store in the freezer up to 3 months. Thaw overnight at room temperature and warm in the microwave to serve.
Store wrapped in plastic wrap up to 3 days at room temperature or 5 days in the refrigerator.
To make this dough ahead of time, you can stop after the first rise and refrigerate the dough up to 24 hours. Let the dough sit at room temperature 30 minutes before proceeding with the recipe.
I prefer to simply microwave this bread to reheat it. The time will depend on how much bread you are reheating, start at 30 seconds and add additional time as needed.
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Please let me know what you think if you try it!