This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Moist, delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Zucchini Bread is a quick bread recipe that’s perfect for fall. Like our famous Banana Bread and Apple Bread, this easy recipe is ready in just one hour, this bread is perfect for entertaining!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Zucchini is by far and away my favorite vegetable, and we always have a huge crop from our summer garden so I always have a stash of favorite recipes on hand to use them up.
If you grow zucchini or squash in your garden be sure to read how to pollinate squash by hand to increase your harvest!
Why I love this recipe
Both pumpkin and zucchini always add so much moisture to recipes and this bread is no different. It’s dense and sweet and perfect both fresh warm from the oven or cooled the next day.
I’m telling myself that with two different vegetables in the mix it’s definitely healthy, right?
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- baking powder
- brown sugar
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9″ loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer combine dry ingredients (through brown sugar) and mix to blend.
- In another medium bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, butter, vanilla, and zucchini. Add to dry mixture and mix until combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for one hour. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing to wire rack. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Special Tip-for extra “pretty” bread add a few chocolate chips to the top of the batter after pouring it in the pan!
Tips for best results
- Use a box grater to quickly shred the zucchini. (You do not need to remove the peel!)
- Do not squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini before adding to the bread.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until just blended, overmixing can toughen the bread.
Yes! It is fine to leave out the chocolate chips if you prefer a less sweet version of this bread.
Store at room temperature wrapped in plastic wrap or in an airtight container up to 3 days.
This is a great bread to freeze! Allow the bread to cool completely before wrapping tightly with plastic wrap and freezing up to 3 months. Thaw overnight at room temperature.
You can also slice the bread and lay the slices on a baking sheet to freeze then wrap them individually and store in a freezer bag so you can defrost one slice at a time.
If you like this recipe, check out these other delicious, easy to make breads and zucchini recipes:
- Swirled Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread
- Amish Friendship Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Cheddar Cheese Zucchini Bread
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This recipe was originally shared on September 2016 and updated with additional information in October 2019.