This simple Garlic Butter is one of those go-to recipes that takes so many foods to the next level. Whether you use it on steakhouse style steak, mashed potatoes, Texas toast, or simply add it to grilled corn, this 5 minute recipe is sure to be a favorite!
Don't you love when you go to a restaurant and they give you that fresh herb and garlic butter to go with your bread basket. Yum! Well, now you can have that delicious compound butter any time you want with this easy recipe!
It takes only minutes and a few simple ingredients to whip up a batch of homemade garlic butter. Why not try some today?
- unsalted butter (of course!)
- herbs: fresh parsley, rosemary, thyme, basil are all great options
Step by step
This recipe honestly couldn't be easier, it's honestly hard to really even refer to it as a "recipe" per se. It's so easy that if you have kids it's perfect for assigning to them so they can help with dinner prep!
TIP: Softened butter is key for this recipe, be sure to set your butter out on the counter an hour ahead of time so it softens to room temperature for best results!
- Chop fresh herbs like parsley or chives.
- Mince garlic.
- Mix garlic and herbs with softened butter until blended.
- Add to your favorite foods and enjoy!
You can experiment with the flavor to make the taste your own: salt, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice can all add a slight flavor variation worth trying out.
- over pasta with parmesan cheese
- on steak
- with French bread
- with shrimp
- over grilled chicken
- on corn on the cob
- sauté sliced mushrooms with the garlic herb butter and serve over a burger
- toss with steamed veggies
You can keep this butter in the refrigerator for 2 weeks, or you can freeze it. I like to freeze it in an ice cube tray then put the cubes into a freezer bag. That way they are perfectly portioned for me to pop out of the freezer and toss into whatever recipe I'm adding them to!
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Homemade Garlic Butter is one of those go-to condiments that takes so many foods to the next level. Whether you use it on mashed potatoes, homemade garlic bread, Texas toast, or simply add it to grilled corn, this recipe is sure to be a favorite!
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley or chives
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until blended.
- Store in the fridge up to two weeks or freeze until ready to use.
Keywords: garlic butter