Well it’s that time of year, isn’t it? time to forget all that holiday baking and sweet making and get back to the business of eating healthy! This year I am going to try to be better about eating my veggies. I love vegetables but I often get stuck in the same routine of making them the same way over and over which can get quite boring and unmotivating. When I get in that rut I always go back to roasting my vegetables, my favorite way to make them. It’s so easy to oven roast vegetables and you can customize it hundreds of ways by changing which veggies you choose and how you flavor them. Here is my go-to base roasted vegetable recipe, along with a video explaining how I get them to turn out perfectly every time!
Once you are comfortable roasting your veggies, it’s easy and fun to experiment with different flavors. Try lemon or balsamic vinegar like my Balsamic Roasted Potatoes. You can also customize this to your family’s favorite vegetables or seasoning mixes as well!Print
Making oven roasted vegetables is an easy and delicious way to prepare your veggies! It takes only minutes to prep and can be customized hundreds of different ways!
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 3 large potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 medium zucchini sliced into 1 inch slices
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3–4 tablespoons of Italian seasoning or spice mix of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 º F.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix to coat vegetables.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes until done.
Keywords: vegetables, roasted, oven, roast
If you like this recipe, try these other delicious vegetable recipes:
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
- Maple Roasted Carrots
- Green Bean Casserole (no canned soup required!)
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!