Delicious Vegetable Soup made from scratch in the Crock Pot is easier than you think! Make this simple veggie soup with just 10 minutes of prep time and 4 hours in the slow cooker!
I love soup, I could eat it every day (like my Instant Pot Beef Stew!). When I was a kid my mom would make huge batches of the absolute best soup in the summer with veggies from the garden. Since we’re all stuck at home right now, I thought it would be a good time to share my own delicious Vegetable Soup recipe with you all!
Best vegetables for veggie soup
This recipe is very forgiving and easy to adjust to your own tastes. Here are the veggies you will need:
- green beans
Step by step
- To start this soup with lots of flavor, you will sauté chopped onion, celery, and carrots in olive oil.
- Then add garlic before transferring all ingredients to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4 hours to let all those flavors blend and you’re ready to enjoy!
The soup is delicious on it’s own but I like to serve it with a bit of easy homemade bread or crusty French bread.
Yes! Follow steps 1-3 below as written in a large stock pot, then add the broth, tomatoes, parsley, potatoes, bay leaf, and thyme and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes before serving.
Yes, this freezes very well in an airtight container for up to 4 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
Yes, if you have fresh veggies feel free to use those instead!
This is a great recipe to experiment with by adjusting the spices and seasonings. Here are some ideas to try:
red pepper flakes
herbs de Provence
Yes! My favorite way to add meat to this vegetable soup is to cook ground beef in the olive oil then remove it to a plate and continue the recipe as written below. Add the meat back in when you add the broth and other ingredients and cook as written.
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Delicious Vegetable Soup made from scratch is easier than you think! Make this simple veggie soup in less than an hour!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 5 tablespoons minced garlic
- (2) 32 ounce cartons chicken or vegetable stock
- (2) 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Do not let garlic brown.
- Add remaining ingredients along with the skillet veggies to your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours before serving, adjusting seasoning to taste.
To make on stove top follow steps 1-3 above in a large stock pot, then add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes before serving.
Keywords: crock pot vegetable soup