Delicious Vegetable Soup made from scratch is easier than you think! Make this simple veggie soup in less than an hour!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 5 tablespoons minced garlic
- (2) 32 ounce cartons chicken or vegetable stock
- (2) 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Do not let garlic brown.
- Add broth, tomatoes, parsley, potatoes, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring to a boil.
- Add green beans and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add peas and corn and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: vegetable soup