This 30 minute Tuscan Pasta is an easy and delicious weeknight meal. Packed with chicken, bacon, and flavorful sun-dried tomatoes, it’s sure to be a family favorite!
30 Minute Tuscan Chicken Pasta
I’m a big fan of 30 minutes meals, especially for busy weeknights. That’s why I love this Tuscan inspired pasta recipe. The angel hair pasta cooked up quickly while you assemble the meat and sauce in a skillet, then toss it together for a fast, flavorful meal the entire family will love!
How to Make Tuscan Chicken Pasta
This recipe came together when I had a hodge-podge of ingredients to work with one evening. With some leftover chicken breast, a few slices of bacon, and a jar of sun-dried tomatoes, you can create a restaurant-quality meal in less than 30 minutes.
Set the water for the pasta to boil before you start on the sauce. The angel hair pasta will cook quickly, making the timing perfect for this meal to come together quickly.
The chicken is browned quickly in a large pan, followed by the bacon. After cooking the meat, pour white wine or chicken broth into the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze all of those yummy brown bits. This adds so much flavor to the sauce, it’s a step you can’t miss!
After deglazing the pan add the milk and tomatoes and simmer. Finally, remove from heat and add the cheese and stir until it melts into a thick, flavorful sauce! Toss with the pasta you’ve cooked in the meantime and enjoy this taste of Tuscany!Print
This 30 minute Tuscan Pasta is an easy and delicious weeknight meal. Packed with chicken, bacon, and flavorful sun dried tomatoes, it’s sure to be a family favorite!
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 pieces of thick cut bacon, cut into 1” pieces
- 1.5 lb thin cut chicken breast cut into 1” pieces
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 8.5 oz jar julienne sun dried tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz angel hair pasta, cooked
- Before cooking the meat, set pasta water to boil so it can cook at the same time.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until done, about 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan, set aside.
- Add bacon, cook until browned.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add wine or chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze for an additional minute.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add milk and tomatoes and stir.
- Simmer five minutes.
- Remove from heat, immediately add cheese and stir until melted.
- Toss with pasta and serve immediately.
- Don’t skip the deglazing step, it adds so much flavor to the pasta!
Keywords: tuscan pasta, tuscan chicken pasta