Easter OREO Dirt Cake is the perfect dessert made from OREO cookies, whipped cream, cream cheese, pudding, and powdered sugar and topped off with a candy-covered strawberry "carrot!" This is a fun variation of our best dirt cake recipe. You might also like our carrot cake, Easter egg truffles, or Easter bunny truffles!
Easter is coming up quickly this year which means it's time to think about your holiday menu. Whether you are serving up crock pot ham, Instant Pot lamb, or slow cooker leg of lamb, we know that dessert is what makes or breaks the meal!
In years past carrot cake was my go-to Easter dessert, but in recent years we've also added in these adorable Easter dirt cake cups for the kiddos.
We start with our standard Dirt Cake ingredients: OREOs, milk, pudding mix, Cool Whip, cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar.
We also add strawberries and orange candy melts to make our strawberry carrot toppers.
No cream cheese? Try this 10-minute dirt cake without cream cheese instead!
Step by step
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix up pudding mix, milk, and cool whip and then add it to the cream cheese mix. Blend until smooth.
- Crush OREOs either in a blender , food processor, or place in a large plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Layer OREO crumbs and pudding mix into small plastic cups.
- Microwave candy melts in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Dip strawberries into the melted candy and set aside to harden, then top Easter dirt cake cups with the berries and chill until ready to serve.
Tips for best results
- Thoroughly soften the butter and cream cheese before blending to ensure a smooth result.
- Be gentle with the leaves of the strawberry so they don't rip off during dipping and use a spoon to help get the candy coating all the way up to the base of the stem.
- Use a spoon to drizzle extra candy melt across the strawberries to give the stripped carrot look.
- Be sure to allow at least two hours of chill time for the dirt cake to firm up.
- Milk: Use any milk for this recipe, I usually use 2%
- Pudding: For the very best results use Jello Instant French Vanilla pudding, regular vanilla can be used if necessary. Make sure it is INSTANT, not stovetop.
- Cool Whip: Any brand of whipped topping is fine, there is no difference between brands.
- OREOs: I have made this with both regular and double stuffed OREOs. If you use Double Stuff you may want to add a little more than one package so there is plenty of cookie in the dirt layers. I don’t suggestion off-brand sandwich cookies.
Yes! This is actually a dessert I suggest making the day before as the flavors really blend as it sits. If making ahead of time, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
Yes! One of the fun things about dirt cake is playing with flavors! You can try chocolate pudding instead of french vanilla, use peanut butter OREOs, etc. Don't be afraid to experiment.
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Easter OREO Dirt Cake is the perfect dessert made from OREO cookies, whipped cream, cream cheese, pudding, and powdered sugar and topped off with a candy-covered strawberry "carrot!"
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 packages French Vanilla Jello INSTANT Pudding
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 family size (1 lb 3 oz) package OREO cookies
- 1 package orange candy melts
- strawberries (number will depend on size of your plastic cups)
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar in a large bowl until just blended. Do not over mix.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk, and Cool Whip.
- Add pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix untiluniform.
- Crush OREOs into fine crumbs using a food processor, blender , or by placing in a large plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin.
- Layer pudding and OREO crumbs in a small plastic cup.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Microwave candy melts according to package instructions.
- Carefully dip strawberries into candy and set on prepare baking sheet to harden.
- Top dirt cake cups with candy coated strawberry and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Thoroughly soften cream cheese and butter to ensure a smooth result.
- Make sure you are using INSTANT pudding, not stovetop.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 210.8 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Trans Fat:
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 34.3 mg
Keywords: Easter dirt cake