This Easy Delicious Banana Bread recipe is the best recipe ever. With just a few simple ingredients and some overripe bananas, you'll have moist, flavorful bread you'll make again and again!
It's the Murphy's Law of produce shopping-if I buy three bananas it never fails that my boys go coo-coo and eat them all in a day. If I buy ten, no one touches them all week and next thing I know they are overripe on the counter. I'd rather overbuy bananas than underbuy, so when they don't get eaten it gives me an excuse to make this easy banana bread recipe!
The key to the best banana bread results is to start with nice, overripe bananas. Look for bananas with a deep yellow color and brown spots. You can even use bananas that are almost totally brown. The more ripe the bananas, the sweeter they are and the more moist and flavorful your banana bread will be!
Nothing fancy here, if you have the bananas you probably have everything you'll need already!
- overripe bananas
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
Step by step
This recipe couldn't be easier and it is absolutely fail-proof.
- Preheat the oven and grease a bread pan.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl and add melted butter.
- Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and nuts (if desired) and stir until combined.
- Bake for an hour and enjoy!
Yes! Banana bread freezes very well.
Allow the bread to cool completely then wrap in a layer of plastic wrap, followed by a layer of aluminum foil. Keep it up to 6-8 weeks in the freezer. When ready to eat the banana bread, thaw on the counter for 24 hours, then enjoy.
Exposure to air dries out banana bread so I recommend wrapping it tightly in parchment paper (to prevent sticking) and then plastic wrap and keeping it at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Banana Bread Add-Ins
I love this recipe because you really can't go wrong making it. It adapts well to add-ins like nuts, chocolate, or peanut butter chips as well. It's the base for all of my different banana bread variations below.
- Banana Nut Muffins with Crumble Topping
- Walnut Banana Bread
- Lowfat Apple Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Almond Banana Zucchini Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Vanilla Glaze
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This easy banana bread recipe is a delicious way to use up overripe bananas!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- ⅓ cup melted unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash ripe bananas with a potato masher.
- Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and nuts last and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
For muffins, reduce cooking time to 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Keywords: banana bread
FREE Delicious Breads eCookbook!
Subscribe to our newsletter and I'll send you a FREE eCookbook with my very favorite easy, delicious bread recipes as a thank you gift!