This Easy Delicious Banana Bread recipe is the Best Banana Bread you’ll ever try. With just a few simple ingredients and some overripe bananas, you’ll have moist, flavorful banana bread you’ll make again and again!
It’s the Murphy’s Law of produce shopping-if I buy three bananas it never fails that my boys go coo-coo and eat them all in a day. If I buy ten, no one touches them all week and next thing I know they are overripe on the counter. I’d rather overbuy bananas than underbuy, so when they don’t get eaten it gives me an excuse to make this easy banana bread recipe!
The Best Banana Bread Recipe
The key to the best banana bread results is to start with nice, overripe bananas. Look for bananas with a deep yellow color and brown spots. The more ripe the bananas, the more moist and flavorful your banana bread will be!
Banana Bread Add-Ins
I love this recipe because you really can’t go wrong making it. It adapts well to add-ins like nuts, chocolate or peanut butter chips as well. It’s the base for all of my different banana bread variations which I’ll list at the bottom of the blog post.
How to Make Banana Bread
This recipe couldn’t be easier. When I first posted it back in 2012 my boys were 5, 4 and 1 and now in 2018 my ten-year-old son can make this all by himself (which he does quite often!)
- Preheat the oven and grease a bread pan.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl and add in melted butter.
- Stir in sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and nuts (if desired) and stir until combined.
- Bake for an hour and enjoy!
Can You Freeze Banana Bread?
Yes! This bread freezes very well. Allow the bread to cool completely then wrap in a layer of plastic wrap, followed by a layer of aluminum foil. Keep it up to 6-8 weeks in the freezer. When ready to eat the banana bread, thaw on the counter for 24 hours, then enjoy.
You might also like these banana bread variations:
- Banana Nut Muffins with Crumble Topping
- Walnut Banana Bread
- Lowfat Apple Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Almond Banana Zucchini Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Bread with Vanilla Glaze
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This easy banana bread recipe is a delicious way to use up overripe bananas!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mash ripe bananas with a potato masher.
- Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and nuts last and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
For muffins, reduce cooking time to 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
Keywords: banana bread
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!