These amazing Chocolate Zucchini Banana muffins are so delicious you’ll forget you’re getting your fruits and veggies in every delicious chocolatey bite.
There aren’t many things in life I like better than chocolate, and my kiddos agree with me. That’s why these sneaky Chocolate Zucchini Banana muffins are such a great recipe for our family!
Not only are they sweet enough that the kids think they’re getting dessert, I love that they a packed with the sweetness of bananas and all the goodness of zucchini as well! Fruits, veggies, and chocolate all in one grab-on-the-go package!
If you grow zucchini or squash in your garden, be sure to read my post about how to hand pollinate squash to increase your harvest!
Why I Love This Recipe…
These muffins are SO easy to make. Just like my favorite Banana Bread recipe, you can stir it all together by hand in one big bowl for easy cleanup! They are a great way to use over-ripe bananas and all that zucchini the summer garden brings.
- ripe bananas
- vanilla extract
- brown sugar
- unsweetened cocoa
- baking soda
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
Step by step
This recipe couldn’t be easier!
- Mash the bananas.
- Peel and grate the zucchini. Press between paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- Mix the bananas and zucchini with the other wet ingredients, then add the dry and mix until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into muffin tin and add extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 30 minutes and enjoy warm or cooled.
I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does! Here are some other muffin and zucchini recipes I know you’ll love!
- Strawberry Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Cheddar Cheese Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
- Almond Banana Zucchini Muffins
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below!Print
These amazing Chocolate Zucchini Banana muffins are so delicious you’ll forget you’re getting your fruits and veggies in every delicious chocolatey bite!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 medium zucchini, grated and pressed dry between paper towels (about 2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with baking cups.
In a large bowl combine banana, zucchini, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir well until combined. Add all remaining ingredients other than chocolate chips and stir until just blended. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling cups ¾ of the way full. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Keywords: chocolate, banana, zucchini, muffin, healthy, dessert