You know it’s September so it’s all about apples and pumpkins around here and what better than combining the two? I am an apple butter girl-I prefer it over jam or jelly any day. I got to thinking when making my Pumpkin Pie Dip the other day that I should try to add some pumpkin to my favorite apple butter recipe.
I don’t do the crockpot method of apple butter making that I see all over Pinterest-I’m the impatient sort when it comes to getting my apple butter fix-I make mine in less than an hour and I promise it’s every bit as delectable as long-cooking versions. Add pumpkin to the mix and this is a fall favorite!Print
Adding pumpkin to this fast and easy apple butter makes it even more delicious and a fall favorite!
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool 15 minutes.
- Place mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediate or refrigerate until use.
- Eat within one week.
Keywords: pumpkin apple butter
I like to eat this pumpkin apple butter on toast, biscuits, or by dunking the cinnamon sugar chips I shared with you in my post on Pumpkin Pie Dip!
I hope you try this one-it’s amazing if you’re a pumpkin love like me!