This savory Cheddar Cheese Zucchini Bread is perfectly soft and buttery and packed with flavor! Perfect for enjoying on its own or as a side.
I love to garden and one staple of my garden is zucchini! It’s my favorite veggie, in salads, making zoodles, and baking with it, like this delicious Cheddar Cheese Zucchini Bread Recipe I’m sharing today.
(If you grow squash or zucchini, be sure to check out this post on how to pollinate squash by hand!)
Most of my other zucchini bread recipes tend to be sweeter, like these Chocolate Zucchini Banana Muffins, Almond Banana Zucchini Muffins, or Pumpkin Zucchini Bread. Not this Cheddar Cheese Zucchini Bread though! This is a nice savory quick bread. It reminds me a bit of Red Lobster cheddar biscuits except not as crumbly.
Why I Love Zucchini Bread with Cheese
This bread is buttery, cheddar-cheesy, and perfect on its own or with a bowl of soup. To take it even more over the top you could even brush the top with some garlic butter, my mouth is already watering!
How to Make Cheese Zucchini Bread
Because this is a quick bread, there is no need for yeast, making this recipe fast to pull together. There’s also no need to blot the moisture out of the zucchini which make it even easier!
You simply mix the ingredients pop it in the loaf pan. Top with some extra cheese and pop it in the oven.
One hour later and you’re ready to enjoy this savory, cheesy zucchini bread!
Tips for Making Cheddar Zucchini Bread
- there’s no need to blot the moisture out of the zucchini in this recipe
- sharp or extra sharp cheddar compliments the savory flavor of this bread perfectly
- top with extra cheese if desired
- this bread freezes well so it’s a great way to use up extra zucchini in the summer months
You might also like these quick bread recipes:Print
This savory Cheddar Zucchini Bread is perfectly soft and buttery and packed with flavor!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini (about one medium-large zucchini)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top if desired
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray a loaf pan (9×5 inch) with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add zucchini, garlic, 1 cup cheese, eggs, milk, and butter to dry mixture and fold together until completely moistened.
- Pour dough into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula or back of a spoon. Add additional cheese on top if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- There is no need to blot or otherwise remove moisture from zucchini in this recipe.
- Brush with garlic butter for even more flavor if desired.
Keywords: cheese zucchini bread
I can’t wait for you all to try this recipe and let me know what you think!
*Adapted from Gather for Bread