Moist, delicious Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Zucchini Bread is a quick bread recipe that's perfect for fall. Ready in just one hour, this bread is perfect for entertaining!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups finely shredded zucchini, about (1) 8" zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9" loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer combine dry ingredients (through brown sugar) and mix to blend.
- In another medium bowl combine eggs, pumpkin, butter, vanilla and zucchini.
- Add to dry mixture and mix until combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for one hour. (Tip-for extra "pretty" bread add a few chocolate chips to the top of the batter after pouring it in the pan!)
- Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- For extra "pretty" bread add a few chocolate chips to the top of the batter after pouring it in the pan!
- Use a box grater to quickly shred the zucchini. (You do not need to remove the peel!)
- Do not squeeze the moisture out of the zucchini before adding to the bread.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until just blended, overmixing can toughen the bread.
Keywords: pumpkin zucchini bread