Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are easier than you think! In less than 30 minute you can have old fashioned cookies ready to enjoy!
There’s something so comforting about homemade soft and chewy oatmeal cookies. I don’t know if it is nostalgia from my childhood or just the fact that they are so darn tasty, but this is one of my favorite old fashioned recipes. (Like my Pecan Pie, Watergate Salad, or Apple Pie!)
Why I Love this Recipe!
This recipe is truly the best.
- dark brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, oats, and tons of sweet raisins give it loads of flavor
- always perfectly soft and chewy, none of those tough, hard oatmeal cookies here!
- ready in less than 30 minutes
It is also a fast recipe that is easy enough to let the kiddos help bake. Perfect for family baking time in the kitchen!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- dark brown sugar provides sweetness and moisture to the cookie
- vanilla extract gives it flavor
- sugar again provides sweetness
- unsalted butter is the base of all delicious cookie recipes!
- eggs bind the ingredients together
- all-purpose flour is the structured base of the cookie
- baking soda & baking powder make the cookie rise when baking
- ground cinnamon & salt round out the flavors
- rolled oats make the cookie nice and chewy
- raisins both flavor the cookie and enhance the chewiness!
How to Make Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Cream together sugars, butter and vanilla with a hand or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients together then add to creamed mixture and stir until just blended. (Over-mixing causes tough cookies!)
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- Roll into 2 inch balls or use a cookie scoop to add cookies to a baking sheet, then bake for 11 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
- Enjoy delicious oatmeal raisin cookies while you pat yourself on the back for a job well done!
If you like these cookies you might also like these recipes:
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are easier than you think! In less than 30 minute you can have old fashioned oatmeal raisin cookies ready to enjoy!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1.5 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray, parchment paper, or line with a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, vanilla, sugar, butter, and eggs. Mix on low speed until blended then beat on high until breamed together and light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to mix.
- Fold in oats and raisins.
- Scoop dough with a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop or roll into 2 tablespoon balls and place on prepared cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Allow cookies to sit on the baking sheet 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Do not over-mix dough when adding dry ingredients to wet to ensure cookies end up soft rather than tough.
Keywords: oatmeal raisin cookies