Beer Bread is a deceptively simple bread with only 3 ingredients! Once you learn this easy bread recipe, you'll find yourself making it again and again. Serve it alongside Instant Pot Beef Stew, Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew, or our favorite Ham, Potato, Bacon Cheddar Soup!
Have you had the pleasure of making beer bread before? Beer bread is the non-baker's bread recipe because it is amazingly easy and deceptively simple.
What's more, you can really alter the taste of your bread depending on what kind of beer you use. Here is a no-fail recipe for making your own warm, crispy, crumbly beer bread:
Only 3 Ingredients
- self-rising flour
It is very important to use self-rising flour for this recipe. If you do not have any you can make your own by combining 3 cups of flour with 3 ¾ teaspoons of baking soda and ¾ teaspoons of salt for this recipe.
You can also change the recipe dramatically by changing beers-my loaf today has Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale, yum! It tastes just as good with your run-of-the mill regular beer too though! I've also made a variation on this recipe with a Guinness Beer Bread that was absolutely delicious!
Step by step
- Combine the three ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix until just moistened.
- Pour the dough in a pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes and that's it!
I told you it was too easy!
How to Serve
You can serve this bread warm or cooled. It slices better once cooled but I'll take the crumbles any day for a warm slice with butter (or Homemade Garlic Butter), yum!!
- add dried herbs such as rosemary
- add garlic butter to the top of the bread after baking
- mix minced garlic into the batter
- top with a cheese that compliments your beer
This bread will stay fresh stored in a sealed bag at room temperature for about 3 days.
To freeze the beer bread, simply wrap in two layers of plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. To thaw, set out on the counter overnight.
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Beer Bread is a deceptively simple bread with only 3 ingredients! Once you learn this easy bread recipe, you'll find yourself making it again and again!
- 3 cups SELF RISING flour (***this is important-if you don't have this see note below***)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 12oz. bottle of beer at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9-by-5-by-3 standard loaf pan
- Whisk dry ingredients together
- Pour in beer. With a big wooden spoon, quickly mix ingredients together until everything is incorporated. Don't over mix, you need to get it in the oven before the carbonation fades.
- Drop into the pan and level it out.
- Bake for 50 minutes. This is very forgiving. If it doesn't look done bake another 5 (max 10) minutes. Every time I have made it, it has been perfect at 50 minutes.
- Remove from pan and enjoy. It cuts better when it cools but ohmygoodness is it tasty with butter when HOT !
- If you don't have Self Rising Flour make your own! For every one cup of flour add 1 ½ teaspoon of baking soda and ¼ teaspoon of salt so for this recipe use-3 cups of all purpose flour, 4 ½ teaspoon baking soda, and ¾ teaspoon of salt
- You can change the recipe dramatically by changing beers-my loaf today has Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale, yum! It tastes just as good with your run-of-the mill regular beer too though!
Keywords: beer bread
Have you made beer bread before? Let me know if you try my recipe! You might also like this delicious Beer Bread with Garlic and Cheese from my friend Kim at Today's Creative Life!