Dark Chocolate Cake Pops are easy to make and an oh so indulgent dessert recipe!
Oh my sweet, sweet dark chocolate….how I love you so. And just like the Dark Chocolate Coconut S’mores Bars I shared just a couple of weeks ago, I got to baking with my DOVE® Dark Chocolate Promises last week and created yet another amazing treat to share with you all! And no lie-this may be my new favorite dessert! (Oh, and can I mention that I adore the cute quotes inside the DOVE® wrappers?)
I’m not a huge cake pop making person-they’ve always seemed more labor-intensive than a dessert should be, but I recently adjusted my method and bit and these were much easier!Print
Oh so indulgent dark chocolate cake pops will melt in your mouth and be the hit of any party!
- chocolate fudge cake mix and additional ingredients according to the box
- chocolate frosting
- DOVE® Dark Chocolate Promises
- lollipop/cake pop sticks
- Bake cake mix according to box directions and cool fully.
- Crumble cake finely in a large bowl.
- Add frosting until cake just barely sticks together-about 1/3 cup.
- Roll cake mixture into 1 1/2″ balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Microwave 3 DOVE® Promises in a small bowl 30 seconds at a time until melted.
- Dip pop sticks into melted chocolate and insert into cake balls.
- Freeze cake balls for at least 20 minutes.
- Use a grater to finely shave 5 DOVE® chocolates in a small dish.
- Microwave approximately 20 DOVE® chocolates in a deep glass 30 seconds at a time until melted, stirring often.
- Dip cake balls in melted chocolate, using a butter knife if necessary to smooth and distribute chocolate on cake ball.
- Immediately sprinkle shaved chocolate on cake pop.
- Set chocolates on parchment paper until set-you can freeze cake pops for faster setting.
Keywords: cake balls, chocolate cake balls, easy cake balls
Seriously-please go make these right now. My mouth is watering just writing this post and remembering how delicious they were!!