This simple coffee cake is light with all the cinnamon and brown sugar flavor of a cinnamon roll! Ready in just one hour, it's perfect for feeding a crowd (or keeping all to yourself!)
When I told my nine year old that I was making coffee cake he was really disappointed...he thought coffee cake had coffee in it and he wouldn't be allowed to have some! (I didn't let him have any of my Limoncello cake a few weeks ago.)
When I told him it was just a cake to serve with coffee he was so excited he asked to help make it and of course I let him. This Cinnamon Bun Coffee Cake recipe is amazing-the moist sweetness of traditional coffee cake with a cinnamon bun swirl. My mouth is watering just describing it!Print
This simple coffee cake is light with all the cinnamon and brown sugar flavor of a cinnamon roll! It's perfect for feeding a crowd (or keeping all to yourself!)
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ sticks (¾ cup) butter or margarine, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (possibly more)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generally grease a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, and sugar.
- Set aside.
- In a mixer combine milk, vanilla, eggs and butter on medium speed until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture and continue to mix on medium speed until fully mixed, scraping down sides as needed. Pour batter in prepared bundt pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and pour over cake mixture.
- Use a knife to swirl the brown sugar mixture into the cake batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk to make a glaze.
- If consistency is too thick add extra milk-you want a thick molasses type of consistency.
- Spoon glaze over cake and serve!
Keywords: cinnamon roll coffee cake
Recipe adapted from Dinner then Dessert