So it seems making Starbucks copycat recipes is my new hobby. I’m not sure why I started but when I read last week that Starbucks was releasing their first new holiday drink flavor in years-the Chestnut Praline Latte-I just knew I needed to create my own version. Because the drink hasn’t been released yet in my area I can’t say how close my Praline Latte Recipe will be to their Chestnut Praline Latte but regardless-this thing is tasty!!
I started by melting 4 tablespoons of UNSALTED (that’s important!) butter in a small saucepan. This is one recipe that you can’t use margarine in-you’ll get an icky yellow separation if you do-don’t ask me how I know! When the butter was melted I added a half cup of light brown sugar and stirred until boiling. Then add one cup of milk and heat until simmering, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, stir. Mix half and half with brewed coffee to make your latte-I like to top mine with frothed cream and pecan bits-it really tastes like pralines! (If you love pralines you should definitely try my microwave praline recipe too!)
This latte has all the sweet flavor of pralines and can be whipped up in less than ten minutes.
- 3 cups brewed coffee
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- whipped cream and pecan bits (optional)
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add brown sugar and heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and bring to simmer, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir.
- Combine half and half with coffee and top with whipped cream and pecans if desired.
Keywords: praline, coffee, latte