Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect dessert for any chocolate lover, mix up in one bowl, and are ready to eat in just 30 minutes! Packed with chocolate chips and topped with a crisp sugared topping, once you try this chocolate chip muffin recipe there will be no going back.
Want to be the hero of the household? Make these muffins!
Why I love this recipe
If you like chocolate, you are going to love this recipe, I promise!
I love that this recipe is a simple, one bowl recipe…the less dishes I have after baking, the better! The muffins also come together quickly, mixing up in just 10 minutes and needing only 20 minutes in the oven.
These are very basic ingredients you probably already have on hand!
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- semisweet chocolate chips
- brown sugar
Step by step
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter, milk, egg, and vanilla extract and stir to mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
Tip: Save a few chocolate chips to put on the top of the muffins for an extra-pretty final result
- Fill a lined muffin pan ⅔ full. Add any extra chocolate chips to the top of the muffins if desired.
- Mix together brown and white sugars in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the top of the muffins. This gives it a crisp topping that is so delicious!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Indulge in chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate as you devour these muffins!
I mean, can you even believe how many chocolate chips are in these muffins?
Yes! The muffins freeze well. Freeze on a plate or tray and transfer to a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and microwave for a few seconds to heat before serving if preferred.
Store the muffins in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days of in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect dessert for any chocolate lover! Packed with chocolate chips and given a crisp sugared topping, once you try this chocolate chip muffin recipe there will be no going back!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Country Crock® Plant Butter with Almond Oil, melted
- ¾ cup milk (regular or almond)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sugar + 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir to mix.
- Add melted Country Crock® Plant Butter with Almond Oil, egg, vanilla, and milk. Stir until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few for the top of the muffins if desired.
- Fill muffin pan ⅔ full. Top with chocolate chips if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon each sugar and dark brown sugar. Sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing a rack.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 27.9 g
- Sodium: 96.6 mg
- Fat: 14.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.8 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 25.2 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip muffins