These amazing Chocolate Zucchini Banana muffins are so delicious you'll forget you're getting your fruits and veggies in every delicious chocolatey bite!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 medium zucchini, grated and pressed dry between paper towels (about 2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with baking cups.
In a large bowl combine banana, zucchini, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir well until combined. Add all remaining ingredients other than chocolate chips and stir until just blended. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into prepared pan, filling cups 3/4 of the way full. Top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Keywords: chocolate, banana, zucchini, muffin, healthy, dessert