There’s nothing like a rich, creamy, sweet chocolate martini. This Godiva Chocolate Martini recipe is made with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, vodka, and coffee liqueur mixed with creamy half and half for a cocktail that can double as dessert!
When it comes to chocolate I’m pretty much on board with it in any form. Chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast? Sure! Hot chocolate with lunch? Of course! Take one of my favorite cocktails and add some delectable chocolate goodness to it? Why not?
Today’s Godiva Chocolate Martini Recipe (Chocolotini if you please!) is an extra special twist on the classic with the addition of coffee and chocolate liqueur that takes it to the next level of decadence! Let’s drink dessert tonight, shall we?
This is the perfect dessert cocktail to serve when you are entertaining or for special occasions. Believe me when I tell you that your guests will be impressed as you mix up this chocolatey concoction in your cocktail shaker.
- Vodka – choose your favorite high quality vodka
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur – I prefer Godiva as my “gold standard” of chocolate liqueur but you are free to try other brands
- Coffee Liqueur – I use Kahlua or Entice brand coffee liqueur
- Half and half – this makes the cocktail extra creamy but you can use regular milk if you prefer or go even creamier with heavy cream
Step by step
Simply shake all ingredients together with ice in a cocktail shaker and strain into chilled cocktail glasses.
- use flavored vodka-vanilla, caramel, marshmallow, coconut
- switch out the coffee liqueur for Creme de Cacao, Rumchata or Bailey’s Irish Cream
- switch the half and half for regular milk, vanilla almond milk, or even chocolate milk
- use the dark chocolate or white chocolate flavored Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- shaved chocolate and sliced strawberries (as pictured)
- swirl glass with chocolate syrup or caramel syrup before pouring cocktail into it
- finely chop chocolate then coat rim with chocolate syrup and dip rim in the chocolate to line the rim
- sprinkle the top with cocoa powder
- add Grand Marnier for an orange chocolate flavor or Chambord for raspberry chocolate
- add a shot of espresso to make it a chocolate espresso martini
So what do you think, are there any other chocolate lovers out there? Will you give it a try or have you already become a Chocolate Martini convert? Let me know in the comments!
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
There isn’t much better drink for your sweet tooth than a Godiva Chocolate Martini and this recipe takes the classic cocktail to the next level!
- ½ oz high quality vodka
- dash vanilla extract
- 1 ½ oz Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 oz coffee liqueur (such as Entice or Kahlua)
- 2 ½ oz half-n-half
- shaved chocolate and a slice of fresh strawberry for garnish if desired
- Combine vodka, vanilla extract, chocolate liqueur, coffee liqueur, half-n-half into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh strawberry.
- serve in a chilled glass
- for special presentation, add a chocolate syrup swirl to the glass before pouring the cocktail in
Keywords: chocolate martini, godiva chocolate martini
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!