Peanut butter hot chocolate is a delicious, easy to make homemade variation on a classic winter treat! This 3 ingredient, 10-minute hot cocoa is perfect for warming up on chilly days!
Is there a more perfect pair than peanut butter and chocolate? I think not! Recently, after a particularly chilly day, I started making hot chocolate on the stove and decided to give it a little bit of peanut butter flavor and WOW, it was amazing!
It only takes 3 ingredients to make this amazing peanut butter hot chocolate recipe!
- milk chocolate morsels
- creamy peanut butter or PB2 powdered peanut butter
Step by step
This recipe couldn't be more simple!
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat, be sure to stir often with a whisk until chocolate and peanut butter are melted.
- Serve in two mugs, top with whipped cream, marshmallows, and peanut butter morsels if desired!
How to make it healthier
To cut down the calories in this hot chocolate recipe, I like to use skim milk and PB2 powdered peanut butter in this recipe. I don't recommend substituting the milk chocolate morsels however, they give it a lovely creamy flavor!
Dairy free - use one can of full fat coconut milk thinned with ¼ cup oat or almond milk and dairy free chocolate chips
Tips for best results
- use a higher fat milk for creamier results
- store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days, reheat on low heat on the stovetop for best taste
Yes, as the peanut butter wamrs it will melt and blend with the milk.
I don't recommend natural peanut butter as it alters the texture of the drink.
Yes, microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and the hot chocolate is blended.
You might also like these drinks perfect for chilly weather:
If you try this recipe, I'd love if you comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Peanut butter hot chocolate is a delicious, easy to make homemade variation on a classic winter treat! Perfect for warming up on chilly days!
- 2 cups skim milk
- ¾ cup milk chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoon PB2 powdered peanut butter or 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat on medium heat stirring often until chocolate is melted.
- Serve in two mugs, top with whipped cream and peanut butter morsels if desired.
Keywords: peanut butter hot chocolate