Peanut butter hot chocolate is a delicious, easy to make homemade variation on a classic winter treat! This 3 ingredient, 10-minute hot cocoa is perfect for warming up on chilly days!
Is there a more perfect pair than peanut butter and chocolate? I think not! Recently, after a particularly chilly day, I started making hot chocolate on the stove and decided to give it a little bit of peanut butter flavor and WOW, it was amazing!
It only takes 3 ingredients to make this amazing peanut butter hot chocolate recipe!
- milk chocolate morsels
- smooth peanut butter or PB2 powdered peanut butter
Step by step
This recipe couldn’t be more simple!
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat, stirring often until chocolate and peanut butter are melted.
- Serve in two mugs, top with whipped cream and peanut butter morsels if desired!
How to make it healthier
To cut down the calories in this hot chocolate recipe, I like to use skim milk and PB2 powdered peanut butter in this recipe. I don’t recommend substituting the milk chocolate morsels however, they give it a lovely creamy flavor!
Tips for best results
- use a higher fat milk for creamier results
- store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days, reheat on low heat on the stovetop for best taste
You might also like these drinks perfect for chilly weather:
If you try this recipe, I’d love if you comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Peanut butter hot chocolate is a delicious, easy to make homemade variation on a classic winter treat! Perfect for warming up on chilly days!
- 2 cups skim milk
- ¾ cup milk chocolate morsels
- 3 tablespoon PB2 powdered peanut butter or 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat on medium heat stirring often until chocolate is melted.
- Serve in two mugs, top with whipped cream and peanut butter morsels if desired.
Keywords: peanut butter hot chocolate