This is a faster variation of one of my blog’s most popular recipes-Oreo Dirt Cake! Ready to serve in just 10 minutes, it’s the perfect dessert for guests (or to keep all to yourself!)
Did you know that my Dirt Cake Recipe is one of the most popular posts on my blog-it’s been viewed over 2.5 million times over the past couple of years, and with good reason-it’s easy to make and it tastes amazing!
The only drawback of the original dirt cake recipe is that it really needs to chill a bit in the fridge before serving to taste best. I have been experimenting lately and finally created a great, fast dirt cake recipe without cream cheese that you can have ready in just 10 minutes!! How awesome is that?
Shortcut Dirt Cake Ingredients
- vanilla instant pudding mix
- cold milk
- whipped cream
- OREO cookies
While this recipe omits the butter and cream cheese of the original the overall flavor is very similar (and it’s actually less caloric too!) and the faster serving time was definitely a bonus!
Step by step
To make this recipe fast, I recommend multitasking if you have aso the pudding can mix while you prep the other steps. If you don’t have a it may take a little longer than 10 minutes but still taste just as delicious!
- Combine the pudding mix and milk in a mixer and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a or food processor to crumb the OREOs, setting aside extra whole OREOs for garnish if you wish. You can also crumb the OREOs by placing them in a gallon bag and using a roller to break them up.
- Fold the whipped cream into the pudding until blended, then add ⅔ cup of the crushed OREOs to the mixture and stir to mix.
- Layer the pudding mixture and OREO crumbs in a serving dish and serve!
You might also like these other OREO recipes:Print
This is a faster version of one of my blog’s most popular recipes-Oreo dirt cake! Ready to serve in just 10 minutes, it’s the perfect dessert for guests (or to keep all to yourself!)
- 5.1 oz box vanilla instant pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 14.3 oz package Oreos
- To get this dirt cake on the table in 10 minutes you’re going to need to multitask!
- Start by combining pudding mix and milk in a stand mixer and mix on medium for 5 minutes.
- While the pudding is mixing place your Oreos in a gallon freezer bag and crush finely with a rolling pin or pulse in a food processor.
- Add 1 cup whipped cream to pudding mixture and continue to mix until blended.
- Add ⅔ cup of Oreo crumbs to pudding mixture and stir until just blended.
- Layer pudding and Oreo crumbs in serving dishes or glasses and serve immediately or refrigerate until serving!
Keywords: dirt cake