This easy Buffalo Chicken Dip has just five ingredients and less than 30 minutes to bake. It tastes like buffalo wings with ranch dressing! It's always the most popular appetizer at the party!
One of the things I miss most this year that we are living in the UK is football-I'm a huge college football fan and my alma mater, Clemson University, has been doing so well this year. Go Tigers! We do stream the games via computer here but most of them start in the middle of the night our time!
In fact, the playoff game for Clemson actually starts at midnight our time New Year's Eve (so I will at least see the start of that one!) When we do get to watch the games I love making this Buffalo Chicken Dip. It throws together quickly and is always a hit when shared with a crowd. I think you'll love it too!
This 5 ingredient Buffalo Chicken Dip couldn't be easier to make!
- shredded chicken breast
- cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
- Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- blue cheese or ranch dressing
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- All ingredients except the cheese are mixed, then baked for ten minutes.
- The cheese is added over the top and baked an additional ten minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with green onion if desired.
Tips for best results
- adjust the spice of the dip by using more or less Frank's Red Hot
- add chopped jalapeños to add more heat
- soften the cream cheese for 20 minutes before mixing to make it easier to blend
- if possible use freshly grated cheese, pre-shredded cheese has an anti-caking agent that affect the final texture a bit
Serve this delicious chicken dip with:
- tortilla chips
- crusty bread
- carrots sticks
- pita chips
I do not recommend baking this dip and then freezing it. The texture is not great when it is heated after freezing. If you want to prep it ahead of time I would mix the ingredients and store in an airtight container.
Honestly, though, it is super easy to pull together in less than ten minutes if you used the canned chicken so I don't think it's worth it. If you are using your own shredded chicken then possibly it could be worth it to mix ahead of time and freeze or just defrost your chicken before assembling the dip day of your party.
You can use a lot of different types of chicken, as long as it is shredded. I made this recipe with canned chicken for ease but you can substitute shreddedbaked chicken breast, rotisserie chicken, slow cooked chicken, or poached chicken. You could even make this with leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
If it is overcooked the oil will separate from the cheese and cause the dip to come out greasy.
Yes, Colby Jack or a Mexican blend cheese would work perfectly in this recipe.
Yes! You can easily make this Buffalo Chicken Dip in the slow cooker! Making this in a Crock-Pot is an easy way to prep ahead of time and makes it easy to double or triple the recipe as well. To make slow cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip simply mix all the ingredients in the slow cooker and set on low for two hours, then keep it on the warm setting during your party of gathering so it stays warm.
Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator up to 3 days. To reheat, remove plastic wwrap and tent the top of the dish with foil. Heat in the oven at 350 degrees until warmed through.
You might also like these delicious dips:
- Baked Bacon Cheddar Dip
- Parmesan Artichoke Dip
- Charleston Cheese Dip
- Crock Pot Cheese Dip (Queso) with Beef and Sausage
- Instant Pot Jalapeño Corn Dip
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This easy Buffalo Chicken Dip has all the flavor and spice of Buffalo Chicken Wings in dip form-a favorite tailgating or football party appetizer!
- (2) 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- (2) 12 ounce cans of chicken, drained
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1 cup Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- green onion if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch and chicken until thoroughly blended.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with cheddar cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top with green onion to serve.
Keywords: buffalo chicken dip