This Instant Pot Keto Chicken Soup is the ultimate in low carb comfort food. Let this creamy chicken and spinach keto soup keep you feeling full without extra carbs! Plus its made in the Instant Pot so it’s fast and easy to prepare.
Instant Pot Keto Chicken Soup
Y’all, the Christmas treats did me in. I went on carb overload-there was no balance or moderation in sight! To let my poor body and tummy recover I’m back to eating low carb/keto and I already feel better.
And since we’re in the middle of the polar vortex (which is really just a cold spell here in Georgia) I thought I’d indulge in a big batch of this Instant Pot Creamy Chicken and Spinach Soup. This is a low carb, keto soup recipe that cooks up quickly and is oh-so-comforting.
Why I Love this Keto Soup Recipe
As someone who is a massive soup fan, it has been my savior for having a fast and keto-friendly lunch ready in minutes.
I just make a big batch of it on Monday and it is enough for the week! If you’re trying to limit your carbs but still want to feel full, this comfort food keto soup is the recipe for you!
If you like this recipe, you’ll also enjoy these other delicious low carb recipes the entire family will love!
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- 21 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken | Low Carb Keto Friendly Weeknight Dinner
- Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole Recipe (eat without topping for a keto-friendly meal)
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Soup
Like most Instant Pot recipes, this Low Card soup is very easy to make. Using the Instant Pot sauté mode, you will cook the butter and onions until the onions are translucent.
The garlic and spinach are then added for a few moments before adding the chicken, broth, and salt and pepper. You’ll then pressure cook the soup on Manual mode for an hour and allow the Instant Pot to naturally release the pressure.
After the pressure is released, stir in the cream and bring to a simmer. Then you simply add the xantham gum and watch that soup thicken to comfort food perfection!
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
This is the ultimate in low carb comfort food. Let this creamy chicken and spinach keto soup keep you feeling full without extra carbs! Plus its made in the Instant Pot so it’s fast and easy to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 10 oz package frozen spinach
- 1–1.5 pounds thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute mode.
- Add butter and onion and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add spinach and stir. Cook about two minutes or until spinach begins to thaw.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Stir to mix.
- Place top on Instant Pot and close vent.
- Set to Instant Pot to manual mode and timer to one hour. Allow to vent naturally for 30 minutes after cooking.
- Carefully remove lid. Use two forks to shred chicken.
- Return the Instant Pot to saute mode. Add cream and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and add xanthan gum. Stir simmering soup for about 5 minutes until thickened.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you are not on a low carb or keto meal plan you may replace xantham gum with cornstarch or another thickener of your choice.
Keywords: keto, creamy chicken, spinach, low carb, soup
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!