This post is sponsored by the Game Day Favorites promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are mine.
We are 100% a football family at our house. From college football to the pros, if there’s a game on you better believe we’re watching it! As we ramp up for the Big Game in just a few weeks, I thought I’d share my favorite game day spread when hosting guests.
How to Plan the Perfect Game Day Menu
I like to choose finger foods and dips for my game day menu. No one wants to turn their attention away from the football long enough to prep or eat a full meal, so heavy snacks are the perfect fit.
I start planning my menu by perusing my local Publix sales. The current Game Day Favorites promo (valid January 18-31, 2020) gave me plenty of recipes, coupons, and savings to feed my crowd. As soon as I saw the Swanson Premium Chicken on sale, I KNEW Bacon Ranch Chicken Dip would be the star of the show!
I also picked up some Mission Tortilla Chips which are 2 for $5 during the promotion to go along with my dips and some Sabra Hummus for $1 off! (Can you tell I love a good deal?)
- Potato Chips & French Onion Dip
- Sabra Hummus with Carrots and Pretzels
- Cocktail Sausages
- Mission Tortilla Chips with Salsa and Bacon Ranch Chicken Dip made with Swanson Chicken
This menu was perfect for everyone on our guest list, with both vegetarian and non-vegetarian options for snacking!
Bacon Ranch Chicken Dip
If you’ve never had Bacon Ranch Chicken Dip (sometimes called Chicken Crack Dip) you are in for a treat! It takes only a few minutes to prep and can be ready start to finish in just 30 minutes!
Chicken Crack Dip Ingredients
- Swanson Premium Chicken
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Ranch seasoning
- Cheddar cheese
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Green onion
How to Make Bacon Ranch Chicken Dip
To make this dip, simply combine the ranch seasoning with the cream cheese and sour cream, then add in the bacon, cheddar, chicken and hot sauce, reserving some cheese and bacon for topping. Top it off with the reserved cheese and crumbled bacon, then cook for twenty minutes until heated through! Garnish with green onion, serve warm, and let the compliments roll in!
What are your favorite game day snacks? Let me know in the comments below! Be sure to check out Publix’s Game Day Favorites promotion to get inspiration, recipes, and savings for everything you need for the Big Game!!Print
Warm Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip (also called Crack Chicken Dip) is the perfect appetizer for any party. We promise you won’t be able to take just one bite!
- 12.5 ounce can Swanson Premium Chicken
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided (reserve some for topping)
- hot sauce (optional)
- green onion for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 9 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ranch seasoning with cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add half of bacon, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, and hot sauce if desired. Reserve remaining cheese and bacon for topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for twenty minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with green onion and serve warm.
Keywords: bacon chicken ranch dip, crack chicken dip