This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Maple Bacon Baked Brie combines sweet and savory flavor and ooey-gooey cheese all wrapped up in a mouth-watering puff pastry. This easy party appetizer has only 6 ingredients and ready to serve in just 20 minutes!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
I have to tell you-I have a love affair with Brie, it’s one of my favorite foods in the world! I usually keep some in the house for snacking and when having friends over I love to serve it as an appetizer.
Normally I keep it simple with a cheese and cracker platter but when I’m feeling super fancy I like to make this Maple Bacon Baked Brie-it looks so elegant and best of all, it’s super easy to make and ready in just 20 minutes!
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- puff pastry, thawed
- wheel of Brie
- pure maple syrup
- chopped walnuts
Step by step
- Preheat oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the puff pastry on the parchment paper and place the brie in the middle.
- Pour the maple syrup in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir bacon into maple syrup and spoon all but about 3 tablespoons over the brie to cover.
- Fold the corners of the puff pastry over the brie to cover.
- In a bowl combine water and egg and mix. Brush egg wash over puff pastry.
- Pour remaining maple bacon mixture over the puff pastry and top with walnuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
I like to serve this baked brie with crackers, crostini, crusty bread, or pita chips. It’s also delicious with apple or pear slices too!
Can you make baked brie ahead of time?
Because of the maple syrup I don’t recommend making this recipe ahead of time. The syrup will make the pastry soggy.
If you really need to assemble it ahead of time, you could opt to leave the maple syrup out of the interior of the pastry and refrigerate the brie after wrapping it in the puff pastry. Then, when ready to bake, add the syrup over the top.
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print