This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Pumpkin cheesecake bars combine a creamy cheesecake layer with pumpkin cheesecake layer, all topped with a buttery, crumbly brown sugar pecan topping. This is a crowd-pleasing delicious dessert perfect for fall parties or Thanksgiving dessert.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Pumpkin and cheesecake are partners made in heaven. Just like my Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe or layered pumpkin pie cheesecake, these pumpkin cheesecake bars combine the thick, creamy goodness of traditional cheesecake with pumpkin and that irresistible graham cracker crust and pecan brown sugar toppings.
When I whip up a batch of these bars, my kids go crazy and the neighbors come knocking!
Just kidding (a little) but seriously, you are going to LOVE these and make them a fall staple in your home just like they are in mine!
- graham crackers
- brown sugar
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pureé (NOT pumkin pie filling!)
- spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, salt
- all-purpose flour
Step by step
This is a very easy recipe, we basically assemble each of the 4 layers and bake, then chill until the cheesecake layers are fully set.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Use a blender or food processor to finely ground the graham crackers. Pour into a mixing bowl, add the white sugar and butter, stirring until combined.
- Pour the crumbly mixture into the baking dish, pressing into the bottom of the pan evenly.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese and sugar. Use a hand mixer to beat these two ingredients together until combined and fluffy. Mix in the eggs one at a time, including the egg yolk mixing until just incorporated between each addition.
- Now add the sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla, mixing with the hand mixer until combined.
- Pour 2 cups of this cheesecake filling on top of the cooled graham cracker crust. Spread evenly. Put in the freezer until ready for the next layer to be added.
- With the rest of the cheesecake filling, add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice. Mix together until combined.
- Pour the rest of the now pumpkin cheesecake filling slowly over the plain cheesecake filling. Spreading evenly.
- Bake the cheesecake for 30 minutes in the oven.
- While that is baking make the pecan topping.
- In a food processor or blender add the chopped pecans, vanilla, flour, sugars, nutmeg, cinnamon, and butter. Pulse until crumbles form.
- Remove the cheesecake out of the oven after 30 minutes and coat with the pecan topping. Place back in the oven and bake for another 45 minutes. At this point the cheesecake should have a jiggly center, but firm edges.
- Now turn the oven off, open the oven door and let continue baking and cool in the oven for another hour. Remove the cheesecake from the oven, cover tightly and refrigerate for 6 hours in the fridge before serving.
Tips for best results
- use full fat cream cheese for this recipe, lower fat options can affect the final texture
- do not over-mix the cream cheese mixture or you may get cracking after baking
- do NOT buy pumpkin pie filling which is already sweetened and seasoned, you need pumpkin pureé for this recipe
- allow bars to cool to room temperature then refrigerate at least 6 hours before cutting and serving
- Slice with a large knife dipped in hot water for a clean cut.
Serve these bars as they are or top with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print