Fast and easy 2-minute Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal is a healthy and delicious way to start your morning!
I know, I know-it's not even September yet and here I go with the pumpkin! To be honest I was in World Market last week and they had Pumpkin Spice coffee set up for taste testing and I had one sip and it was all over for me-I'm in full-blown fall mode in the kitchen, starting with this microwave pumpkin pie oatmeal!
Why I love this recipe
- This Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal took only 2 minutes to make so it's perfect for those busy weekday mornings.
- The oatmeal is filling so you don't get those mid-morning snack cravings.
- Pumpkin is full of vitamins and antioxidants so you can feel good about starting your day on the right foot! (Learn more about health benefits of pumpkin here.)
- quick oats
- pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin pie spice
- maple syrup
- pecans & cinnamon (optional)
Step by step
I make this easy pumpkin oatmeal in the microwave, fast and simple!
- Mix ingredients in a bowl
- Microwave for one minute
- Top with pecans, sprinkle with cinnamon, and indulge in pure pumpkin oatmeal delight!
If you only have old fashioned oats I would make this on the stovetop by cooking the oatmeal in the milk until it's cooked through, then combining the remaining ingredients and serving.
To make your own pumpkin pie spice combine 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, and ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves.
You might also like these delicious pumpkin recipes:
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!
I love this healthy, delicious breakfast recipe. The pumpkin adds a little vitamin boost to my breakfast and it's also sweet enough and fiber-packed for a filling mid-afternoon snack.
So be honest with me-is it too early for pumpkin or is anyone else out there secretly indulging in fall recipes already? If you try this pumpkin oatmeal recipe, let me know what you think!
You might also like these pumpkin recipes:Print
Easy 2 Minute Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: American
Fast and easy 2 minute Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal is a healthy and delicious way to start your morning!
- ½ cup quick 1 minute oats
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling!)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans (optional)
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except pecans and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave for one minute.
- Allow to sit for an additional minute.
- Top with pecans and a little sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Keywords: pumpkin pie oatmeal
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!
So fast and yummy!
Ms Penny Pincher says
Brilliant! I think this will be a year-round recipe for me!!
Lynda Brechtbill says
It's not too early for pumpkin recipes! This is a yummy recipe to begin pumpkin enjoyment!!
How many calories is one serving of this? Also, how many servings does the recipes make?
Oh m golly, I'm going to try this tomorrow morning. Mmmm