Get all the flavors of your favorite banana pudding dessert in a fast, healthy Banana Pudding Breakfast Smoothie!
When I was a little girl I absolutely LOVED my grandma’s banana pudding for dessert-layers of banana pudding, Nilla wafers, and sliced bananas combined to form perfection in every bite! (I updated her banana pudding recipe here and I dare say it’s even better than the original!)
I was recently inspired to recreate my grandma’s dessert in a morning-friendly Banana Pudding Smoothie!
Why I love this recipe
- it’s literally a 5 minute recipe thanks to freezing banana slices ahead of time
- only 4 ingredients
- protein-packed from the Greek yogurt
- it comes in at under 400 calories, making it a healthy breakfast smoothie choice
- bananas are a powerhouse for nutrition, making them a great choice for starting your day!
Health Benefits of Bananas
According to Healthline bananas have a ton of nutritional benefits. They are full of fiber, antioxidants, and vital nutrients. They also contain nutrients that can help moderate blood sugar and help you feel more full.
Sounds like a winner to me!
We’re keeping it simple here, but don’t let you believe this smoothie isn’t PACKED with flavor!
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk or regular milk
- vanilla wafer cookies
Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth. Serve immediately topped with additional crushed vanilla wafer cookies if desired.
I know it’s not rocket science, but trust me, you’ll want to make this smoothie regularly once you try it!
- add vanilla protein powder for even more of a protein boost
- experiment with adding peanut butter, PB2 powder, or chocolate PB2
This smoothie is like drinking my favorite dessert for breakfast-and it’s nothing to feel guilty about! I love starting my day with a smoothie-even if we’re busy it’s a fast way to get my day started on the right foot!
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
All the flavors of your favorite childhood banana pudding dessert in a fast, on the go breakfast Banana Pudding smoothie!
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 vanilla wafer cookies, plus more for garnish if desired
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Serve topped with crushed vanilla wafer cookies if desired.
Keywords: banana pudding smoothie