I have a confession….I’m totally intimidated by Starbucks. I walk in there and freeze-grande what? Tall who? Mocha-latte-skinny huh? While I love a good pumpkin spice latte as much as the next girl I generally shy away from actually stepping into a Starbucks if I can help it (and when I do I usually have a Starbucks junkie as my guide!)
Add to that my cheapness and lack of desire to blow 300 calories on the glorious creation known as the Pumpkin Spice Latte and I came up with this skinny version you can easily make at home!Print
Why blow your diet and drain your wallet buying fancy coffee shop Pumpkin Spice Lattes when you can make your own skinny version at home!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup strongly brewed coffee-I used Starbuck Veranda K-cup
- light whipped cream and cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish (if desired)
- Brew coffee
- In a small saucepan combine pumpkin, almond milk, vanilla, sugar, and spice and heat over medium heat until steaming-do not boil.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over coffee and top with whipped cream and cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
Keywords: pumpkin spice latte
Am I the only one on the planet intimidated by Starbucks? Are you one of those super savvy Starbucks addicts? Let me know in the comments!