Have fresh, from scratch homemade biscuits on the table in just 15 minutes! This easy homemade biscuit recipe makes a soft, buttery biscuit perfect for topping with butter, jam, or serving on the side of your favorite meal, no biscuit cutter required!
As promised last week when I shared my homemade sausage gravy, today I’m sharing my can’t-fail super easy homemade biscuit recipe. This is the biscuit recipe for people who don’t know how to make biscuits.
These quick biscuits are made totally from scratch and you don’t need anything fancy whatsoever. Start to finish they take about thirty minutes so it’s a fast recipe too.
Why is it such a Simple Biscuit Recipe?
These biscuits are more like drop biscuits, there’s no rolling out the dough so you don’t need a biscuit cutter. You start by simply cutting your butter into the flour and dry ingredients to form the perfect base.
You then add your wet ingredients and mix.
Then you form the dough into balls and bake!
Biscuits from scratch in less than thirty minutes!
- If you want your biscuits to be “prettier” you can easily flatten the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 2″ thick (with your hands, not a rolling pin) and cut with a biscuit cutter. I rarely take the extra time to do this because they taste the same and it keeps my kitchen cleaner!
- For the lightest biscuits, keep the butter and milk as cold as possible/
- Don’t overwork the dough or use an electric mixer for this recipe, the faster you mix the dough and the colder the butter and milk stay, the better your result.
- If the dough is sticky when you are rolling it in your hands, add a little additional flour.
How to Bake BiscuitsPrint
Making biscuits couldn’t be easier! Try this no-fail easy homemade biscuits recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This simple quick biscuit recipe is ready in just thirty minutes, no special ingredients or tools required.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or spray lightly with non stick spray
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with two knives until it’s soft and crumbly.
Add egg and milk and stir until totally mixed.
Use hands to form 2″ balls of dough and place on baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
For “prettier” biscuits feel free to roll the dough 2″ thick and cut with biscuit cutter.
I love these quick biscuits for breakfast with my sausage gravy as I mentioned but they are also delicious warm out of the oven with butter and jam as well. For dinner, we’ll serve these on the side with hearty meals like Instant Pot Beef Stew or Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Potato Soup. This is also a great recipe to have the kids help out with, it’s almost impossible to mess up and they’ll be so proud of themselves for helping!
What would you serve this biscuit recipe with? Do you make your own homemade from scratch biscuits yet?