Bisquick makes making delicious cheddar garlic biscuits so easy! With just 5 ingredients you can have these tasty biscuits ready to eat in less than 20 minutes! Serve them on their on or along with homemade garlic butter, country white gravy, or Southern sausage gravy to complete your meal.
Who doesn't love the tasty garlic cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster? I mean, they are worth the trip alone! Well, now you don't have to even leave the house for that same delicious garlicky cheesy taste!
These garlic cheddar biscuits are super easy to make in under 20 minutes. They start with Bisquick™ which makes them super fast and you probably have everything you need already on hand!
- Bisquick baking mix
- cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
Step by step
This might be the easiest recipe on the blog, perfect for having the kiddos help cook!
- Mix together Bisquick, milk, garlic powder, and cheese.
- Roll the dough into 2" balls
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Brush will melted garlic butter.
- don't use pre-shredded cheese, it has a powder coating to prevent it from sticking in the bag that affect the final texture of the cheese in this recipe
- don't skip brushing the warm biscuits with the melted butter, it really makes the flavor go over the top
- you can freeze these biscuits both before or after baking by placing in the freezer for 30 minutes on a plate or baking sheet and then transferring to a freezer bag for up to 3 months. To bake frozen biscuits add 5 minutes to the baking time. Thaw baked frozen biscuits at room temperature.
Add-ins and serving suggestions
- serve these biscuits with Instant Pot Beef Stew, Ham Bacon Cheddar Soup, or Homemade White Chicken Chili
- add in chopped parsley, crumbled bacon, or even finely diced jalapeño to give it a spicy kick!
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Bisquick makes making delicious cheddar garlic biscuits so easy! With just 5 ingredients you can have these tasty biscuits ready to eat in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 cups Bisquick™ baking mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl mix Biscquick, milk, and cheddar cheese.
- Drop dough by large spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix together melted butter and garlic powder. Brush warm biscuits with the garlic butter and serve warm.
- For best results use freshly shredded cheese, pre-shredded cheese has a powder coating that can affect the final texture.
- To freeze before or after baking, place on plate or baking sheet in the freezer 30 minutes, then transfer to a freezer bag. Thaw baked biscuits at room temperature or for unbaked biscuits add 5 minutes to the baking time and bake from frozen.
Keywords: garlic cheddar biscuits