Making biscuits couldn’t be easier! Try this no-fail easy homemade biscuits recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This simple quick biscuit recipe is ready in just thirty minutes, no special ingredients or tools required.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or spray lightly with non stick spray In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter with two knives until it’s soft and crumbly.
- Add egg and milk and stir until totally mixed. Use hands to form 2″ balls of dough and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- If you want your biscuits to be “prettier” you can easily flatten the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 2″ thick (with your hands, not a rolling pin) and cut with a biscuit cutter. I rarely take the extra time to do this because they taste the same and it keeps my kitchen cleaner!
- For the lightest biscuits, keep the butter and milk as cold as possible/
- Don’t overwork the dough or use an electric mixer for this recipe, the faster you mix the dough and the colder the butter and milk stay, the better your result.
- If the dough is sticky when you are rolling it in your hands, add a little additional flour.
Keywords: drop biscuit