This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
This Brownie Mix in a Jar with free printable recipe card is a fun, easy DIY gift perfect for the holidays and Christmas gifting.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Giving jarred gifts is not only easy on the wallet but a clutter-free gift for the recipient. This brownie mix in a jar is such an easy, inexpensive and always well-received gift for the holidays.
Like my Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar, I made a free printable recipe card for you to give along with it too! I hope you enjoy it and it helps make your holiday gifting a little less stressful!
In 1 quart jar, layer the following, be sure to press the layers down as you go so everything fits snuggly:
- 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional-substitute with more chocolate chips if omitting)
Tip for best results
You definitely have to tamp down each layer as you add them to the jar to make everything fit. I use the back of a spoon to push each layer down as much as I can compress it before moving on to the next layer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour brownie mix into a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Add 3/4 cup melted butter, 2 large eggs, 2 tablespoons of water, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and stir until blended.
- Spread mix in the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
You can write out the baking instructions or give the mix with the printable pdf instructions below. (Download here.)
Need more homemade gift ideas? Take a look at our huge collection of DIY gifts!
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print