This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Packed with a lovely almond flavor and dusted with powdered sugar, these melt in your mouth Almond Snowball Cookies are a holiday favorite perfect for holiday gift-giving. These are perfect for gifting along with Pecan Snowball Cookies and Coconut Snowball Cookies!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Do you know those cookies that are always a hit? The ones that disappear first when you take them somewhere to share?
These Almond Snowball Cookies are those cookies! These cookies take only 6 ingredients, whip up easily, and are always a hit-they are part of my Christmas baking list year after year!
- all-purpose flour
- almond flour or extra fine almond meal
- powdered sugar
- unsalted butter
- almond extract
Step by step
- Preheat the oven and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and almond extract.
- Whisk together flour, almond flour, and salt and add to butter mixture a little at a time until incorporated.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in powdered sugar, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until edges are just starting to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly then roll in powdered sugar again before cooling completely.
Yes! These are a great cookie for making ahead of time and freezing. Simply thaw at room temperature and dust with fresh powdered sugar before serving.
Nothing! They are exactly the same thing and very similar also to Russian tea cakes
These cookie will dry out if overcooked and they only brown at the very bottom so use the baking time as a guide and gently check the underside of the cookie to confirm it is golden brown before removing from the oven.
You might also like these other of my favorite Christmas Cookies:
- Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Best Ever Snickerdoodles
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print