Packed with a lovely almond flavor and dusted with powdered sugar, these melt in your mouth Almond Snowball Cookies are a holiday favorite perfect for holiday gift-giving. These are perfect for gifting along with Pecan Snowball Cookies and Coconut Snowball Cookies!
Do you know those cookies that are always a hit? The ones that disappear first when you take them somewhere to share?
These Almond Snowball Cookies are those cookies! These cookies take only 6 ingredients, whip up easily, and are always a hit-they are part of my Christmas baking list year after year!
- all-purpose flour
- almond flour or extra fine almond meal
- powdered sugar
- unsalted butter
- almond extract
Step by step
- Preheat the oven and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and almond extract.
- Whisk together flour, almond flour, and salt and add to butter mixture a little at a time until incorporated.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, roll in powdered sugar, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until edges are just starting to brown.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly then roll in powdered sugar again before cooling completely.
Yes! These are a great cookie for making ahead of time and freezing. Simply thaw at room temperature and dust with fresh powdered sugar before serving.
Nothing! They are exactly the same thing and very similar also to Russian tea cakes
These cookie will dry out if overcooked and they only brown at the very bottom so use the baking time as a guide and gently check the underside of the cookie to confirm it is golden brown before removing from the oven.
You might also like these other of my favorite Christmas Cookies:
- Peppermint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Best Ever Snickerdoodles
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Packed with a lovely almond flavor and dusted with powdered sugar, these melt in your mouth Almond Snowball Cookies are a holiday favorite perfect for holiday gift-giving.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar + ½ cup more for rolling and sprinkling on the cookies
- 1 stick or ½ cup of butter, room temperature
- ½ tsp of almond extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl using a electric mixer, cream butter, powdered sugar, almond extract.
- Whisk in the flour, almond meal and salt until dough comes together.
- Scoop out ½ tbsp. dough and shape them into balls.
- Roll the balls in the powdered sugar and arrange them on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake 14-16 minutes till the edges start turning golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool down a little and roll in powdered sugar while still they are still warm.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack and sprinkle more powdered sugar.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 58.6 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.9 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: almond snowball cookie