Beer bread mix is a super easy 2 ingredient recipe that is perfect for gifting in a jar around the holidays! Like our Amish Friendship Bread, this is a gift even non-bakers will love!
It's almost embarrassing how easy and inexpensive this Beer Bread Mix in a Jar is, but it truly makes a great DIY gift idea when packaged up pretty with a printable recipe card!
I thought of this gift after seeing a "Beer Bread Kit" at Target for a whopping $7.00. Seven dollars for a two ingredient gift seemed a little much but I loved the idea-it's an easy and fast DIY gift that won't go bad and a great gift for bakers and beer enthusiasts alike!
- self-rising flour
How to make beer bread mix
All you'll need for this gift are 3 cups of SELF-RISING flour (please don't use all purpose!), 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and a quart mason jar to put it in! It doesn't quite fill the jar up completely but it works!
Adding a little something to the mix makes it even better, here are some ideas:
- bread pan
- oven mitt
- kitchen towel
- a six-pack of beer!
If you want to get creative, here are some other flavor variations on this beer bread mix:
- add 1 tablespoon dried herbs to the flour mix
- add ½ cup Parmesan cheese and a teaspoon of minced garlic before baking
- add a few dollops of pesto before baking
- add cooked & crumbled bacon
- add 2 teaspoons Lowry's seasoning salt
I made some printable recipe cards for you to gift with it! (Click here to download a printable pdf)
If you store this mix in an airtight container it should last for 12 months.
Yes, to use with all-purpose flour add in 4 ½ teaspoons of baking powder and ¾ teaspoon of salt to the mix.
For some other gift in a jars try these ideas:
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Beer bread mix is a super easy 2 ingredient recipe that is perfect for gifting in a jar around the holidays!
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 ounce beer of choice for baking
- Mix together flour and sugar to make the mix.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread pan with nonstick spray.
- Add 1 12 ounce beer to the mix and stir until just blended.
- Immediately bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Nutritional information is for beer bread after baking with Blue Moon beer, calories will vary depending on the variety of beer used.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 8.4 g
- Sodium: 6.8 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.1 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: beer bread mix