Beer bread mix is a super easy 2 ingredient recipe that is perfect for gifting in a jar around the holidays! Like our Amish Friendship Bread, this is a gift even non-bakers will love!
It's almost embarrassing how easy and inexpensive this Beer Bread Mix in a Jar is, but it truly makes a great DIY gift idea when packaged up pretty with a printable recipe card!
I thought of this gift after seeing a "Beer Bread Kit" at Target for a whopping $7.00. Seven dollars for a two ingredient gift seemed a little much but I loved the idea-it's an easy and fast DIY gift that won't go bad and a great gift for bakers and beer enthusiasts alike!
- self-rising flour
How to make beer bread mix
All you'll need for this gift are 3 cups of SELF-RISING flour (please don't use all purpose!), 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, and a quart mason jar to put it in! It doesn't quite fill the jar up completely but it works!
Adding a little something to the mix makes it even better, here are some ideas:
- bread pan
- oven mitt
- kitchen towel
- a six-pack of beer!
If you want to get creative, here are some other flavor variations on this beer bread mix:
- add 1 tablespoon dried herbs to the flour mix
- add ½ cup Parmesan cheese and a teaspoon of minced garlic before baking
- add a few dollops of pesto before baking
- add cooked & crumbled bacon
- add 2 teaspoons Lowry's seasoning salt
I made some printable recipe cards for you to gift with it! (Click here to download a printable pdf)
If you store this mix in an airtight container it should last for 12 months.
Yes, to use with all-purpose flour add in 4 ½ teaspoons of baking powder and ¾ teaspoon of salt to the mix.
For some other gift in a jars try these ideas:
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Beer bread mix is a super easy 2 ingredient recipe that is perfect for gifting in a jar around the holidays!
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 12 ounce beer of choice for baking
- Mix together flour and sugar to make the mix.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread pan with nonstick spray.
- Add 1 12 ounce beer to the mix and stir until just blended.
- Immediately bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Nutritional information is for beer bread after baking with Blue Moon beer, calories will vary depending on the variety of beer used.
Keywords: beer bread mix