It’s easy to make this delicious 30 minute Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe at home!
Pastries can seem intimidating but this easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish is deceptively simple. This danish whips together in just five minutes and bakes in 20 minutes, so you can have it on the table in no time!
You might also like to try this delicious Apple Danish recipe!
Why I love this recipe
The secret to this fast and easy danish is using puff pastry dough-thaw it overnight in the fridge and it will be ready first thing in the morning.
Layering a cream cheese and sugar mixture over the puff pastry dough takes just minutes.
Using strawberry preserves also makes this recipe super fast and easy-you can use homemade or store-bought, it’s up to you! Just look for a jam that still has some texture and strawberry chunks in it, or you could chop up strawberry pieces to put inside as well.
- cream cheese
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- puff pastry dough
- strawberry preserves
Step by step
This fancy-looking danish is easier than you think! Lay the puff pastry dough on your baking dish and cut strips into the outer thirds of the longest side.
- Layer the cream cheese mixture over the center portion of the pastry.
- Add strawberry preserves over the cheese layer.
- Alternate folding the strips of pastry over the filling angling slightly downward.
- Brush the pastry with an egg wash and bake for twenty minutes!
Tips for best results
- Thaw pastry dough for 40 minutes at room temperature before creating your danish
- If you need the dough faster, remove from packaging, wrap in a paper towel and microwave 15 seconds. Turn over and microwave another 15 seconds. If pastry dough still isn’t thawed microwave in 5 second intervals until thawed.
- If dough gets sticky while using, place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat any leftover danish by baking it on a cookie sheet at 250 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through, about 15 minutes.
Yes! Switch up the flavor of the preserves to experiment with different flavors.
You can freeze this danish before cooking by wrapping tightly and storing in a freezer safe container for up to a month. Thaw overnight in the fridge and cook as normal.
Freeze after cooking in a freezer safe container up to 4 weeks. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat in the oven.
Yes! Feel free to add chopped, fresh strawberries to the preserves. I do not recommend using frozen strawberries in this recipe.
You might also like these strawberry recipes:
If you’ve tried this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Deceptively easy to make, this strawberry cream cheese danish is perfect for entertaining and takes just a few minutes to make!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 puff pastry dough sheet, thawed
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Lay puff pastry sheet on the baking sheet, use a knife to cut 1″ slices into the outer thirds of the dough.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto intact middle section of the dough. Top with strawberry preserves.
- Starting at the top fold the dough strips across the middle section at a downward angle, alternating sides to form a braid pattern.
- Beat together egg and water and use a pastry brush to coat the top of the danish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate up to three days.
Keywords: strawberry danish
This Strawberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe was originally published in 2017 and updated with additional pictures and tips in 2019.
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!