Seriously-ever since I started making these I rarely want meat taquitos anymore! My three kids even eat them which is saying a lot for them, they are super picky. I also like to use this mixture and sauce for my burrito bowls. If you’re gluten free simply use corn tortillas to make this recipe work for you!
So, would you give these a go for your Meatless Monday Night? If you try them please let me know what you think in the comments below-I’m excited to hear what you think!Print
Try these hearty Sweet Potato Black Bean Taquitos for your next #MeatlessMonday meal! Dairy and meat free-simply replace the flour tortillas with corn tortillas to make the recipe gluten free as well!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 26.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅔ cup pico de gallo or chunky salsa
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 15 taco sized flour tortillas
- 2 very very ripe Hass avocados
- ⅓ cup Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 large jalapeño, cut and deseeded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your sweet potato (I do this by piercing the skin numerous times, wrapping in paper towel and microwaving for 6-7 minutes.)
- Allow the potato to cool enough to handle and cut into ½″ cubes.
- Meanwhile, combine avocado, almond milk, and jalapeño in a food processor and pulse until totally smooth.
- In a large bowl combine cubed sweet potato, beans, pico de gallo, onion, cilantro and ⅔ of the avocado jalapeño sauce.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas and wrap, placing on baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Serve with remaining avocado jalapeño sauce and garnish with cilantro.
Keywords: black bean taquitos