Cheesy Corn Casserole is an easy casserole that is perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, but easy enough for a weeknight meal.
Growing up down South we had our family's traditional dishes we had every Thanksgiving. It wasn't until college when I started celebrating Thanksgiving with friends that I realized that different areas of the country celebrated with totally different dishes than I grew up with!
Dishes that were amazingly good, like this Corn Casserole recipe I'm sharing today (also sometimes called corn souffle). In contrast to the Corn Pudding I grew up with in the south, this corn casserole is made without Jiffy cornbread mix.
Why I love this recipe
I'm not sure why this dish seems to be more of a New England regional favorite, it's delicious! Creamy corn is baked with a healthy dose of cheddar cheese and topped with buttery Ritz cracker crumbs.
My mouth is watering just typing it! When I first tried this it became an instant favorite comfort food, perfect for holidays! The best thing of all? It's incredibly easy to make and a pretty fail proof recipe!
- half and half
- salt & pepper
- pumpkin pie spice
- Ritz crackers
- sharp cheddar cheese
Step by step
- This is a very easy recipe to assemble. Drain the corn and Crush crackers into coarse crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg, half and half, and spices and stir to mix.
- Fold in corn, cheese, half of the cracker crumbs along with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and top with remaining butter and crackers. Bake 45 minutes and you're all done!
Yes, assemble the corn casserole ahead of time and wrap tightly with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated. Bake before serving.
Yes, this recipe freezes well. Cool the casserole completely, wrap tightly and freeze up to 3 months.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave or oven.
More Thanksgiving recipes you might like:
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Candied Yams
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
- Green Bean Casserole from scratch
- Sausage and Herb Stuffing
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Southern Pecan Pie with Molasses
- Thanksgiving Planner Printable
If you try this recipe please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print
Easy Cheesy Corn Casserole is a classic corn casserole recipe perfect for Thanksgiving but easy enough for weeknight dinners. Creamy corn with cheese and a buttery cracker topping.
- 5 cups corn
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup half and half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers (about 24 crackers)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 9 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- If corn is canned, drain. If using corn that is frozen cook first and drain.
- Crush crackers into coarse crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg, half and half, and spices. Stir to mix.
- Fold in corn, cheese, half of cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl combine remaining butter and crackers and stir to coat. Sprinkle cracker mixture over casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
Keywords: corn casserole
Want more great recipes?
Join our community of over 20,000 everyday cooks and I'll send you an eCookbook with 13 of my favorite desserts as a welcome gift!