If you follow me on social media you might remember a while back when my husband and I went to Charleston, SC and had a ball trying new foods and eating at all the “foodie” restaurants. It was a blast! We came home with a ton of memories and unfortunately I also came home about a size bigger than normal. No joke-it happened fast! Luckily for me it wasn’t too hard to get back on track with healthy eating and these Clean Eating Banana Pancakes helped me a ton!
There are a few reasons I love these pancakes so much. First, they only have a few ingredients so they’re fast and easy to make. They’re also naturally sweet so you don’t even have to use butter or syrup if you don’t want to, and it can be a life saver when you’re having a sweet craving!
The texture is not exactly like normal pancakes, it’s a bit more dense-I’d compare it to french toast almost. The added baking powder helps fluff them up a bit, you can leave it out if you like. You can also experiment with add ins-I add cinnamon but you can add other spices too. If you want to add in nuts or chocolate chips or any more “solid” ingredients, add them once the batter is on the griddle already, otherwise, they will be difficult to flip.Print
Clean eating banana pancakes are good for you with no added sugar!
- 1 banana, smashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees.
- Smash banana with a fork until mostly smooth (some chunks are okay!)
- Add two eggs and whisk with a fork until blended. Stir in baking powder and cinnamon.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter portions onto greased griddle. Cook until edges are set and flip.
- Serve warm with butter and maple syrup if desired.
Keywords: pancake, clean eating
Here are a few more of my favorite clean eating posts: