Traditional Corn Pudding is a classic corn casserole recipe perfect for Thanksgiving but easy enough for weeknight dinners. Creamy corn with cheese and a buttery cracker topping.
- 5 cups corn
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers (about 24 crackers)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 9 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- If corn is canned, drain. If using corn that is frozen cook first and drain.
- Crush crackers into coarse crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg, half and half, and spices. Stir to mix.
- Fold in corn, cheese, half of cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl combine remaining butter and crackers and stir to coat. Sprinkle cracker mixture over casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
Keywords: corn pudding