The ultimate Thanksgiving planner printable – help keep your holiday organized and stress-free with this free printable countdown and schedule.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year. I love hosting friends and family at our home but it can be a big job! Luckily with a little planning and organization you can make it manageable. Use my Thanksgiving countdown planner to keep your holiday prep under control!
*These Thanksgiving Planner printables are for personal use only, please do not resell. Feel free to share with others by sharing the link to this blog post. Thank you!*
Here is the schedule if you don’t want to print it off and just reference online:
What to do 1 month before Thanksgiving
- Make a guest list
- If ordering fresh turkey, place order now
What to do 2 weeks before Thanksgiving
- Plan menu – you can find all of my Thanksgiving recipes here. Be sure you have all the cookware you will need as well.
- Finalize guest list (who RSVPed yes)
What to do 1 week before Thanksgiving
- Make grocery list
- Create seating chart if needed
- Plan cooking schedule for Thanksgiving Day
- Plan table settings and centerpieces
- Wash and iron linens if necessary
- Clean out fridge to make room for groceries
What to do the weekend before Thanksgiving
- Purchase frozen and nonperishable groceries
- Begin to deep clean house
- Polish silver
- Determine servingware for each dish, label with post-it note
- Set aside all utensils, glasses, and dishes. Clean as needed
- Prepare stuffing bread cubes if necessary
What to do the week of Thanksgiving:
- If using a frozen turkey defrost in refrigerator
- Purchase perishable groceries
- Chop and prep vegetables, store in the refrigerator
- Make desserts, sides, and appetizers that can be made ahead
- If making homemade stuffing, lay bread out to dry
- Pick up fresh turkey if ordered
- Brine turkey if you like
- Buy flowers if needed for centerpiece
- Finish tidying house as needed
- Remove thawed turkey from fridge first thing in the morning
- Chill wine as needed
- Make stufffing
- Use cooking timeline to streamline day
- Set table
- Enjoy the day!
Thanksgiving Cooking Essentials
- meat thermometer – no more dry turkey!
- roasting pan with rack – deep enough to catch all the drippings for making gravy!
How do you like to organize when hosting Thanksgiving? What helps you keep the holiday stress free?