This easy 20-minute Creamy Garlic Herb Chicken Breast recipe is deceptively simple and uses only one pan making it the perfect weeknight dinner recipe!
For the Chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine the onion and garlic powder in a small bowl. Coast chicken generously on all sides with mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add olive oil, garlic, and herbs to the pan and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add chicken broth or white wine to the pan and scrape bottom to deglaze.
- Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch with one tablespoon of water and stir until smooth. Add to sauce mixture and stir until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to skillet and serve.
Milk can be substituted for heavy cream.
Keywords: chicken breast, garlic herb, creamy garlic sauce