This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Fried caramelized bananas are a sweet treat made with ripe bananas, butter, and brown sugar. Pan fried bananas are perfect for topping ice cream, pancakes, or just on their own!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Bananas are big in our house. Whether its our go-to Banana Bread, Chocolate Chip Banana Bars, or even healthy “ice cream” made from bananas, we usually have some sort of banana treat a few times a week.
One of my favorite way to use them is to make caramelized bananas with brown sugar and butter. This is such a simple recipe the kiddos can easily help and it can be used so many ways!
Why I love this recipe
- the brown sugar and butter caramelize the bananas and make a delicious pan sauce
- it takes just minutes to make
- you can use bananas and sauce a variety of ways
- brown sugar
- cinnamon (optional)
Step by step
- Put all ingredients in a pan over medium-low heat and cook until bananas are browned-about 3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired, then serve warm along with the pan sauce.
Tips for best results
- use ripe but firm bananas to avoid the bananas getting mushy while cooking, don’t use bananas with a lot of brown spots on the peel
- do not overcrowd the bananas in the pan
- be very gentle when flipping the banana slices to avoid breaking them
- add a sprinkle of cinnamon to change up the flavor slightly
- store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, reheat in the microwave
- over vanilla ice cream
- with crepes
- on pancakes or waffles with maple syrup
- with yogurt and granola
- with french toast
- on oatmeal
- with banana pudding
- over pound cake
- with whipped cream
- with cottage cheese
- by themselves!
These pan fried bananas taste incredible! Drizzle the caramel syrup from the pan over it too-amazing!
Is your mouth watering yet?
If you try this recipe, please comment and rate it below, I love hearing from you!Print